BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Whirlwind of Acitivties

Sometimes people are very different than you think they are. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes not so much. But oh how I'm grateful for those good surprises!


This semester continues to be a whirlwind of activity. I'm already feeling burnt out and we're only a few weeks into the semester. Maybe one of these days I will learn that I'm not super woman and I can't do it all. But for now, here I go.

I've only taught institute once so far. It went okay. I had almost 15 minutes left at the end and that was very frustrating. But now I know for next time that I need a longer lesson plan. I loved the students and can't wait to go back in a week.

I'm teaching Relief Society this Sunday. It will be the first time in a few years. I'm kind of excited though. I get to pick the topic and I'm doing it on Psalms 46:10 "Be Still and Know That I Am God." President Eyring talked about this in general conference when I was down in Hawaii (October 2010). It is a saying that has stuck with me ever since and gotten me through a lot of hard times. It holds so much power in it and can help in so many different situations.

School is going. I like some of classes, can't stand some of them, and love a few of them. Okay I love one of them - my SPED class. I love kids with disabilities. They hold such a special place in my heart. I have a hard time majoring in child development because I know that I am academically capable of more difficult classes (hence the computer science major and math minor). It is when I am around these kids or learning about these kids that I remember why I am a child development major. I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me that involves kids with disabilities. It's hard to explain. But when I'm learning about these kids and spending time with them, I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

In a week or so my neighbor and I are going to sing in Sacrament meeting. I can't wait! I miss singing so much! This morning I went down to the lounge with a few friends and played around on the piano. I miss playing the piano. I miss singing. They're two things that I need to take the time to do more often. They both provide such a relief for me. Singing is the best way for me to bear my testimony. I can't always put my heart into words. But I can put it into music.


0 comments: