BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Defying Gravity

This one is really long! But it has a really good message! It follows the conversation of two friends as they choose to go separate ways in their life. I chose to go a separate way than my friends a few years back, and I can only wish it would have gone as smooth as this!

Something has changed within me,
Something is not the same.
(I really like how the beginning starts out, "Something has changed within me, something is not the same." We've all had that feeling, at least once in our life, that changes our course. It makes us rethink our decisions and suddenly we can't do the thing we were going to do before).
I'm through with playing
By the rules of someone else's game.
(In my pageant speech I quoted the line, "I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game." I think it's really important to make up your own rules to life. Use other people's rules a guidelines, and certainly learn from other people's mistakes. But don't miss out on something, because someone told you it wasn't possible).
Too late for second guessing.
Too late to go back to sleep.
It's time to trust my instincts,
Close my eyes,
And leap!
(The most memorable moments in life come out of taking a leap of faith into something new! Sometimes you just have to trust your instincts, close your eyes, and leap!)

It's time to try defying gravity.
I think I'll try defying gravity,
And you can't pull me down!

Can't I make you understand,
You're having delusions of grandeur?
(Dictionary.com defines delusions of grandeur as "A delusion that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are." But you never know who is watching you, and who you are influencing. So go ahead and try for big things! What's the worst that could happen?)

I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so!
(This goes back to the playing by the rules of someone else's game. Find your own limits - the only way to do that is to try!)
Somethings I cannot change,
But till I try I'll never know!
(I think we would all be surprised to see how much we could change if we tried).
Too long I've been afraid of,
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love -
It comes at much to high a cost!

(How often are we the last to know when something is over? It might take a while to see but when you look back you can usually see that it wasn't worth it. That it came at "much to high a cost.")

I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

Glinda, come with me!
Think of what we could do - together!
Unlimited, together we're unlimited
Together we'll be the greatest team there's ever been.
Glinda, dreams the way we planned them.
If we work in tandem.
There's no fight we cannot win.

Just you and I defying gravity
With you and I defying gravity
They'll never bring us down.

Well, are you coming?
I hope you're happy,
Now that you're choosing this.
I hope it brings you bliss.
I really hope you get it -
And you don't live to regret it!

I hope you're happy in the end,
I hope you're happy, my friend!

(Wouldn't it be nice if when friends went their own separate ways, we could respect the other's decision and wish them the best of luck in what they choose?)

So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately:
"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo,
At least I'm flying free.
(What an optimistic point of view! Sometimes the choices you make in your life will leave you alone, but at least you'll be free!)
To those who'd ground me,
Take a message back from me:

Tell them how I am defying gravity
I'm flying high, defying gravity

And soon I'll match them in renown.
And nobody in all of Oz
No wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!

There is always going to be at least one person who will tell you it can't be done. Go out of your way to prove them wrong!

0 comments: