BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Venture to Obedience

Obey: to comply with or follow the commands, restrictions, wishes, or instructions of.
- dictionary.com

"All BYU-Idaho students are to be in their own apartments by midnight every night of the week except Friday, when curfew is 1:00 a.m."
- BYU-I Honor Code

Stupid rule right? My 16 year old brother has a later curfew than I do!
I took me a year to realize that, for me, this was only a matter of obedience.
I ask God for so much on a regular basis. How can I expect to get those things if I cannot follow simple commands that I have been given.
It's not a bad thing if I'm watching a movie, or doing a wholesome activity after curfew.
It's a bad thing if I'm being disobedient.
A few hours isn't that hard of a thing to give up, especially when I think of all the things I can get in return.
Why do the simple things take so long to find out?

0 comments: